There are two separate annual membership fees:
1. Scouts NSW Branch Fees
- Collected by Scouts NSW to cover
- These fees are invoiced in April (or pro-rata when you join)
- Active Kids Vouchers can be redeemed against Scouts NSW fees
- Cost is $250 per year
2. 1st Sailors Bay Sea Scout Group Fees
- Collected by the Group to assist in delivery of the Program as capital expenditure, hall/boatshed maintenance and upkeep of our extensive equipment (boats, camping equipment etc.)
- These fees are invoiced by our Registrar by 30th April each year
- Cost is $500 per year + a one-off joining fee of $120 + uniform (you just need to buy a shirt)
There will also be additional costs from the group to cover activities away from the hall such as excursions or camp costs.
The Group offers parents of youth members an opportunity to receive a rebate in Group fees by becoming a leader and assisting at weekly section meetings. The parent will need to apply for membership of Scouts NSW and complete all required training. Please contact our Assistant Group Leader for more information.
Can I get financial assistance?
Yes. If you need help with the annual fees, please speak to our Treasurer or Group Leader using the details at the end of this document. Payment plans may be possible upon request.