Skip to content

Our Boatshed

The original Boatshed was built in 1948 by 1st Chatswood Sea Scouts, which changed its name to 1st Sailors Bay in 1955. The boatshed was wired in 1959, the slipway refurbished and a kitchen added in 1969.

The boatshed with much equipment burnt in the evening of 12 November 1998.

After 5 years of planning and building the new boatshed was finally complete and officially reopened on 29 November 2003.

The Sailors Bay boatshed at the end of Rockley St, Castlecrag continues to be a base for Cubs, Scouts, Venturers & Leaders and their families to learn boating skills and derive much enjoyment on the water.

Photos by Tim Green.
History by Adrian Spragg.